Asparagus Stack with Pork Crackling
Asparagus stack with pork crackling in Yuzi Juice
- 12 Asparagus
- [b]Salt Water[/b]
- Crackling Pork
- 1 Large Pork Skin
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 2 Table Spoons of Dark Soya Sauce (Japanese Style)
- 1 Tsp Yuzi Juice
- 1 Tsp Hosain Sauce
- 2 Tsp Coriander finely chopped
- Pepper to taste same for Paprika Powder or Cayenne Pepper depending on the spiciness of your preference.
[b]Doing the pork crackling[/b]
- Pre heat the oven to 210C ( 410F)
- Cut the pork skin with a sharp knife in zig zags across
- Rub the salt in to the pork skin with a dash of olive oil and place the pork skin up in the heated oven on the grill.
- Put tray underneath to collect the dripping fat ( its great to give flavor to other stuff)
- Blanch the Asparagus for 4-6 min ( depending on the thickness of the asparagus ) in boiling salted water, then cool it down in iced water to stop the process of cooking and keep the nice fresh green look of the asparagus. Once the asparagus are at temperature, cut it in to half’s and arrange on a plate in a stack.
- Once the crackling is done (around 15-20 min go by ) let it cool down and then slice it in slim strips to arrange and decorate on top of the asparagus. Drizzle the Sauce on top and dust with pepper and coriander.
- You can use other herbs as well, keep in mind what herbs work with pork.
Serving size: 2 Calories: 45 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0g Unsaturated fat: 2g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 5g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 158mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg