- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of extra fine grounded coffee (powder consistency)
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cardamon or 1 cardamon pod
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in ibrik. If you do not have an ibrik, a small saucepan will work. Remove from heat, add coffee and cardamom. Return saucepan to heat and allow to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat when coffee foams. Again, return to heat, allowing to foam and remove from heat. Pour into cup, and allow to sit for a few minutes for the grounds to settle to the bottom of the cup.
- Cardamom pod may be served in cup for added flavour. Tip- It is considered disrespectful to serve someone a coffee that has spilled onto the rim or down the cup or onto the saucer. Each coffee should be perfect when presented and not spilled.