Lamb with Tomatoes and Cannellini Beans Stew
Recipe Type: Dinner
A quick, easy and tasty dinner
- 1 Lamb back strap
- 1 Can whole tomatoes
- 1 Can Cannellini beans
- 1/4 Cup of Red wine
- 1 Chilli
- 1 Zest of Lemon
- 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 Slice of Lime
- Few dashes of Olive Oil
- 50g of Greek Feta (saltier the better)
- 1 Small red onion (Diced)
- A handful of olives
- 2 cloves of Garlic squashed
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- Put a dash of olive oil in to a pot and heat over medium to high heat, then add the onions To caramelized for 2-4 min. Stir the onions to avoid them to brown during the process of caramelization.
- Add a can of whole tomatoes and squash them in to the pot
- Add the washed Cannellini, and reduce the heat so it simmers nicely
- Now add the reaming ingredients and simmer for 10 to 15 min to reduce the stew.
- Once ready serve on a plate.
- Season the Lamb backstrap with salt and pepper
- heat up a pan fry with olive oil and brown the lamb for 4-6 min on each side. Then place the lamb aside to rest for 10 -15 min. (Please note that the times are based according on the thickness of your lamb.)
- Add the lamb on top of the stew, crumble the Feta Cheese on top, and sprinkle the parsley over it. Garnish with a lime.