Sous Vide Duck with radish salad in Japanese dressing
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 - 2 Duck breast
- Knob of butter
- Sea salt
- Coffee rub
- Olive Oil
- 3- 4 Red Radish
- Small pinch Green Japanese Pepper for dusting
- 1tsp Mirin
- 1tsp Rice Wine vinegar
- 1tsp White Soya sauce
- Heat the sous vide to 58C/136.4F Pat the duck breast dry and slice the skin on the top gentle but so that you don't cut the skin to the meat. Rub the coffee rub and sea salt on the cut skin and massage it slightly Once cooked you should have a nice pink meat inside Put the duck in a vacuum sealed bag with dash of olive oil and some butter and cook it for 3 hours in the sous vide machine.
- Render the fat and get the skin crisp by gentle cook the duck in a medium to hot pan skin down till crisp. There is no need to rest the duck so you can cut the duck breast on to thick slices and place on the plate.
- Wash the radish and put in a blender and run it for few seconds this gives you a nice textured radish blend Place the radish on top of the duck.
- Mix Soy, Rice Vinegar and Miring together and dress the duck with this dressing
- Decorate with micro herbs or other garnish
- Dust with Green Japanese Pepper