Winter warmer chicken soup
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 Whole chicken
- 1 Large carrot
- 1 Large brown onion
- 1 Large celery stick
- 1 Turnip
- 3Ltrs of water
- 2-3 Continental parsley leaves
- Olive Oil
- 2-3 Stems of Thyme
- 2-3 Bay leaves
- Salt to taste
- 4-6 Pepper corns (black)
- 3 Spring onion leafs
- 2 Large garlic gloves
- 1 Stem of fresh oregano
- Cut the Chicken in smaller pieces, leave skin and bones on, to extract extra flavor
- Cut all vegetables in smaller pieces
- Put some olive oil in a large open pot and blanch the vegetables without burning them
- Pour the water over the vegetables put the rest of the herbs and spices in.
- Put all chicken pieces make sure you cover the chicken with all the water (if not add more)
- Slowly cook ( simmer ) for 2- 3 hours.
- The Chicken meat will be soft and tender and fall of the bone.
- Take the chicken out and remove skin and bones - pull it in to fine treats. Serve in a deep bowl and pour the soup with the vegetables over decorate with micro greens.
- Tip filter the reaming soup through a muslin cloth and freeze in cubes it makes nice chicken stock